Winter Rides and Getaways on a MotorcyclePosted On: Oct 24, 2018
Many of us know the feeling of closing the riding season and parking your motorcycle in a garage for winter. The summer was warm and offered you many days of great riding. And you enjoyed every bit of it. Now the snow is on the ground and the only thing you look forward to is getting to ride again.
With over 150 locations in the US and many more internationally, EagleRider offers great options for riding all year long, even in fall and winter. Pack light, fly in, and ride as long as you wish, from weekend trips to longer cross-country rides. We picked 5 best ways you can do in the Sun Belt.
1. RENTAL LOCATIONS OPEN ALL YEAR
There is an endless list of weekend trips you can do in riding destinations that have warm weather all year long. All of our rentals include
- Bartels' Harley-Davidson
- Los Angeles
- Newport Beach
- Palm Springs
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Marcos
- San Francisco BMW & Honda
- Santa Monica / Marina Del Rey
If you need a few ride suggestions to get your wife, husband, or partner excited about taking a motorcycle vacation in winter, here is a short list of ideas:
- Weekend trip to Nevada: Las Vegas / Reno
- Weekend trip to California: Los Angeles / Palm Springs / San Diego / San Francisco
- Weekend trip to Florida: Miami / Orlando / Daytona / Panama City Beach
We offer discounts on bookings for 4+ riders (group booking) and tiered discounts based on the number of days you’ll be renting for. These discounts are automatically applied at checkout. To learn more, please visit our FAQ page.
2. RENTALS AND TOURS DEALS
In the off-peak months, we have hundreds of motorcycles that we offer at discounted rental rates. You can always find the current deals and discounts on our Deals page. Here are some of the promotions you can take advantage of:
- $99/Day Rental Deals - a great way to try the latest models and ride a different bike every time you visit a new destination. With no one-way fees and a 5-day rental minimum, these deals are available from late fall until early spring. Deals are grouped by states: CA/NV/AZ, TX/LA/NM, & FL.
- Early Bird Rental Deal - available for all bookings for the upcoming year. Book early and save now.
- Early Bird Tours Deal - shave off a few hundred dollars on a trip you’ve been wanting to do for a long time. Surely there is something else you can spend this money on.
- $89/day Coast to Coast: Los Angeles to Orlando - an amazing offer for cross country travel any time of the year. If you have two weeks to ride, this deal offers a great rental price. Pair it with a few days at Daytona Bike Week and you might just have one of the best winter rides ever.
3. WINTER GETAWAY TOURS
Who doesn’t want to kick off a day by riding along some of Florida's and Alabama's most popular beach getaways? What about California’s iconic coastal roads and deserts? Cruise along the Pacific Coast Highway and desert oasis towns near Death Valley. Get ready for the incredible scenery of jumbled rocks and twisted Joshua Trees that can only be seen in the Mojave Desert.
- Southwest Winter Tour Getaway - 2 routes: Los Angeles to Las Vegas and Las Vegas to Los Angeles
- Gulf Coast Winter Getaway - 2 routes: New Orleans to Orlando and Orlando to New Orleans
- Arizona Sun Winter Getaway
Our new series of winter 5-day tours offers the convenience of a
Keep riding all winter long by joining more that one of these tours that have departure dates from November until April. See all tours itineraries for winter riding on our Guided Motorcycle Tours page.
4. RALLIES AND MOTORCYCLE EVENTS
Whether it will be your first time at a rally or you got every year, being around other people who enjoy the wind in the face and the freedom on two wheels as much as you do is an exhilarating feeling. Most rallies are a week long and sure, you can ride your own bike from home. But most of us don’t have 2-3 weeks of vacation time to spend on such trips. This is where rentals come in handy and offer a great solution to enjoy any rally in the USA.
Book your rentals in advance, fly
- Bikes, Blues, BBQ, Arkansas
- Las Vegas Bikefest, Nevada
- Biketoberfest, Florida
- Lone Star Rally, Texas
- Daytona Bike Week, Florida
- Arizona Bike Week, Arizona
See the full list of events and dates for each rally this year on our Motorcycle Rallies and Events page.
Each event page lists the nearest rental locations, but you can also choose to do longer trips and rent from another state and possibly even another coast. It’s common for our riders to rent for 2-3 weeks during Sturgis and other rallies and tour the country before and after the rally festivities are over.
No matter which of these riding options appeal to you most, one thing is certain - you can always find a perfectly maintained motorcycle that’s ready to hit the road on any day of the year. Keep the warm wind in your face and ride all year long with EagleRider.