Motorcycle Rental License Requirements
We take a valid driver’s license from your home country stating that you’re allowed to ride a motorcycle equivalent to the motorcycle you are renting. Please note that the state laws of which you are renting your vehicle from are the laws which are applicable for your rental.
Picking up from locations in the United States:
Licenses issued from the United States:
- Two-wheel vehicles: Motorcycles
All 50 states require some sort of motorcycle endorsement on your driver’s license which is equivalent to the motorcycle you are renting.
- Three-wheel: Trikes
- Slingshot Rentals
Depending on your state issued license requirements, a motorcycle endorsement may not be required*. Below is a list of states that do not require a motorcycle endorsement to drive the Slingshot. Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Colorado, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington. For these states, a vehicle license is sufficient to drive the Slingshot.
International customers – please follow the laws from which your license originates from regarding three-wheel endorsement.
NOTICE: Laws and regulations are subject to change. Please confirm given information with your local authorities.
- Can-Am Spyder Rentals
Depending on your state issued license requirements, a 3-wheel motorcycle license may be required to drive the Can-Am Spyder*. The states of California, Nevada, and South Carolina do not require a 3-wheel motorcycle license and a vehicle license is sufficient to rent the Can-Am Spyder. For more information, please use the Can-Am's License Requirements Tool to find relevant information about your state's requirements.
- Slingshot Rentals
Here are some examples of alternative licenses that we accept:
Must be 21 years old with a valid license from state, province or country that allows renter to operate a 125cc Motorcycle.
Licenses issued from the European Union (Germany, Italy, France, United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden):
- A1/A2 – Will allow you to rent scooters.
- A – Will allow you to rent motorcycles or scooters.
- B1 – Will allow you to rent three-wheeled vehicles.
Licenses issued from Canada:
- Class 6 designation – For all provinces except for Ontario
- Class M1/M2: Will allow you to rent scooters.
- Class M: Will allow you to rent motorcycles or scooters
- Class M Condition M: Will allow you to rent three-wheeled vehicles.
Licenses issued from Australia:
- R-Date – Will allow you to ride scooters.
- R – Will allow you to ride motorcycles or scooters.
Licenses issued from Brazil:
- Category A - designation on your driver’s license to ride any motorcycle or scooters.
International Driver’s Permits (not required for EagleRider):
- Although not required, it is recommended for all visitors with a license in a foreign language to obtain an IDP.
- So long as your license is understandable, we will accept it.