O tour autoguiado da Eaglerider pela Rota 66 é uma jornada de 15 dias na mundialmente famosa "Mother Road" (Rota 66). Você começará o seu tour em Chicago, IL e dirigirá 2.400 milhas (aproximadamente 3800 Km.) surpreendentes até Los Angeles, CA. No seu percurso você passará por 8 estados: Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New México, Arizona e Califórnia fazendo paradas em algumas das mais belas e históricas cidades americanas. Você definitivamente terá uma idéia de como era o Midwest americano na década de 50 à medida que você dirige a sua Harley pelas Ozarca Mountains, por terras indígenas do "velho oeste" (Old West Indian country) em Oklahoma, atravessando a pradaria Great Plains, passando pela cidade de Santa Fe, NM com seus 400 anos, chegando a Nevada, meca dos cassinos e a cidade de Laughlin. Quando você chegar a Los Angeles você terá visto o melhor e o “mais típico da América”, a Rota 66.
ITINERÁRIO DO TOUR
An amazing adventure!
2.440 miles, 9 states, 2 weeks, 2 Indian Chiefs: a perfect cocktail for adventure. It was simply unforgettable and very well organised by EagleRider.
The daily reports are on our 'Route 66 - Anam Cara tour' Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/route66anamcara): the pictures and videos simply say it all.
it was truly a 'trip of a lifetime'!
Two of us rented two HD Fat boys for an 'old school' style Route 66 self guided tour from Chicago to LA – starting June 7th 2014. We were not disappointed as Eagle Riders were extremely helpful through both the planning and tour itself! We got the bikes we booked, and Peter Hayes in particular made it a very easy for us to discuss, plan and then ride the trip.
We rented a GPS and in combination with the excellent book 'Route 66: EZ 66 Guide for Travellers', we had an absolute blast. Discovered many original parts of the 'Mother Road' as well enjoying every day.
The hotels were good (if a little out of town at times) and everything went to plan.
If you are going to visit Seligman, recommend you go early to enjoy meeting Angel (if you are lucky) and savour the lovely quiet atmosphere of this mid Western town before the many tour buses start arriving shortly after 9.30 am.
If you are going to do a self guided Route 66 trip, we'd highly recommend you:
* Buy a copy of the Route 66: EZ66 Guide for Travelors' (Amazon). You'll see so much more and the route maps are really useful to find stuff you wouldn't normally see.
* Don't assume you won't get wet - pack some waterproofs!
* leave early each day to get the bulk of the miles under your belt without rushing so you can enjoy the whole day.
* Make sure you have a full tank of gas at the start of every day and keep it topped up. Gas stations are reasonably plentiful but you could get caught out nearer LA when you get into such as the Mohave desert. Whilst a magical place to ride through, it's not somewhere you'd want to run out of gas!!
* If you plan to visit the Grand Canyon, suggest you ride to it from Williams rather than take the train. The train is fine if that's what you want to do, but the Canyon is only 54 miles from Williams on one road! As the train ride is nearly 3 hours each way, you'll save at least 4 hours, and can arrive/leave the Canyon when you want. Getting back to Will